Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Last Fish Of the Night Was A Hawg!!!

19" Pure Poison w/Craw Fatty
2:30-5:15PM Inside of the reed line across the way and the juice flat
Conditions: 59-50 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Windy S SW, Water Temp: 47 degrees.

Because of the wind I started in the calm water along our shoreline and then drifted out in Jenny's reeds.  Didn't get anything.  I then went across the way and drifted through the reeds not getting anything.  I got between the reeds and shore and got a couple of small pike on the H2O Lipless.  When I came to the North patch of reeds across the way.  I drifted through them missing one hit.

I then drove over to the juice and found some more pike on the H2O.  Some of them in really shallow water.  I missed a few hits as well.
23" H2O LCR
I then went a long time without getting a bite.  It stayed to windy for topwater, but I did give it a try anyway. My upper back was beginning to bother me and I was about to call it quits when the 19 incher struck the Poison.  I half expected it to be a good size pike.  It fought with a lot of power.  Here is what it looked like out just after I caught the fish.
  I had one other good fish on that hit the Poison that got off before I had a chance to see it.  I think I got a little careless trying to get a look at the fish rather than just playing it.  I gave up shortly after that.

No comments: