Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Golden Bullhead at the GOMH This Morning

15.5" Jerk Shad Crackle
5:30-9:00AM GOMH NE, Slop Slip Lake Place
Conditions: 68-64 degrees, calm to light W wind, Mostly cloudy, Cloudy, some light rain, water up a little bit from last night. skeeters were terrible.

I had a fish nail the black Sexy Dawg not once but twice and not hook up either time.  Then I was throwing the jerk shad and caught a bullhead that didn't fight much.  I was surprised when it turned out to be a golden bullhead.
15.5" Jerk Shad
 I then missed a bite on the b/b Chigger Craw.  Felt like a good fish.

I didn't get anything on the SW side.

Didn't get anything off the dock.  I paddled West to start.  Had a small pike come out of the rice after the LiveTarget Frog. Missed another fish that boiled on the LT when I cast over a dock.  Threw the Whopper Plopper quite a bit without a single hit.  Had a couple of 20" plus pike come out of the water after the LiveTarget at the Beaver Point and not get it thankfully.  Not a single bass hit.  The wind came up and it started to rain so I headed in.


No comments: