Saturday, July 23, 2016

Good Trip, But Disappointment Reigns at the GOMH

16" Crazy Leg Chigger Craw b/b
3:45-4:45PM GOMH NE
Conditions:  74-71, Partly Cloudy to mostly Sunny, windy out of the SSW.  It had been raining pretty much until I got there.  I wish I would have arrived an hour earlier.

They didn't want topwater, didn't want Poison, did want a Chigger Craw.  I caught 3 on the black/blue Crazy Leg Chigger Craw.  Two of the fish including the 16" bit on it without any claws, plus I missed one.  Unfortunately the 16" got the hook deep, fought hard, and I couldn't get the hook out.  The fish wouldn't revive, so I kept it.  Highly disappointed in that fact.  I did catch one last 14" jumper on a pumpkin grn/fleck Chigger Craw.
13.5" b/b Chigger Craw, 1st Fish

14" b/b Chigger Craw, 2nd Fish


No comments: