Sunday, July 03, 2016

GOMH & Slop Slip At The Cabin Again

Beat Up 17.5" Chigger Craw
6:00-6:40 GOMH NE
7:00-10:00AM Lake Place out of the Slop Slip
Conditions: 72-58 degrees, Sunny to Mostly Sunny, Calm or very light SSW wind

A little bit of a late start this morning thanks to my slow wake up.  I decided to hit the GOMH first.  The guy was fishing the SW side for sunnies again.  The 17.5" was the only bite I got. A couple of boats went through the channel.  More boats on the lake this morning.

16" Slush Minnow
Out of the Slop Slip I drifted West.  I missed a fish on the Poison  and pulled the fish on the Slush Minnow.  Had a pike come out of the water after the Slush Minnow.  Got a 14 pike on the Poison and had a pike go air borne after the Whopper Plopper.  I moved up into the reeds and slop missing my last 3 bites.  It's tough to get a good hookset in the Slop Slip.  I'm either out of position or the boat is moving towards the fish.  The second miss was a 17-18 bass that came leaping 2 feet out of the water.  0 for 3 on Frog bites, that stinks.

I will probably go back out tonight.

Yep I went out again
7:30-9:45PM Slop Slip in the reeds, pads, and rice
Condtions: Mid 70's to high 60's, Mostly Sunny, Light SE wind turning calm
Choked It!
I cast off the dock until most of the boat traffic cleared at about 8PM.  I didn't get a hit while on the dock.

I put in and headed East.  I had what I'm pretty sure was a small pike try for the frog in shallow between Sherman's and the next place down.  I wasn't seeing much signs of life so i started working for off the tip of the reed point, but then a pontoon came and anchored.  I put a cast in toward the middle of the weed bed and had a hit that I missed.  About 5 minutes later doing the same thing I got the one that choked it.
16" Spro Frog black/red
The XH Zillion Frog Rod hooked up no problem this time.  I had a couple pike try for the frog and not get it thankfully.  I missed something again.  I got a 15.5" on the Spro and missed the last couple of bites that didn't get the frog.  As I was paddling in they started a fireworks show that lasted for 45 minutes.  After  got everything packed up I sat in the Kia and watched the show.

No comments: