Monday, July 25, 2016

Morning at GOMH & Slop Slip/Evening Skunked at the GOMH

14.5" Chigger Craw b/b
5:30-8:30AM GOMH SW, Slop Slip at Lake Place
Conditions: 70-60 degrees, Light W wind, Mostly Sunny, Water Level as high as it's been.

The skeeters were out big time this morning at both the GOMH and the lake place.  Didn't get any hits on the NE side.   Got the 14.5" and had a 12 incher throw the Chigger Craw back at me.  I left for the Lake Place at 6:30.  Didn't get any bites off the dock.  Had a good fish miss the LiveTarget Frog off the Beaver Dam Point.  Had a small pike come out of the water after the LiveTarget as well, but much farther out.  That was it for action.  The bright sun was annoying.

8:15-9:15PM
Conditions: 80 degrees, Calm, Sunny

I had a pike bite off the Chigger Craw on the SW side.  Nothing on the NE side. Bah.  I know there were bullheads in the tunnel.  I heard them hit things a couple of times.  The water is to high for me to be able to cover much of the tunnel.

No comments: