Monday, July 04, 2016

My Frog Game Is Improving.

17.66" Sweet Revenge Mad Maxx Frog
5:15-9:45PM Platte Lake out of the Slop Slip
Conditions: 74-67 degrees, Light SSE wind, Cloudy to mostly cloudy, a lot less boat traffic tonight.
13.5" Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog
I started out fishing off of the dock.  I missed the first bite on the Lunkerhunt, but I got the second one.  After messing around for more than half an hour I finally put the Slop Slip in the water.  I had a couple fish show themselves, but not hit the Spro's or go for the Slither Rig.  I finally got over by the reeds and had the black/red Spro Frog I got the fish on last night get bit off.
So I took the white top/black bottom Spro Bronzeye from the Tatula Rod and put it on the Zillion and put a "Sweet Revenge" Mad Maxx Frog on the Tatula.  I pretty much immediately had a pike miss Maxx. Then I had this fish slam Mad Maxx just inside the rice on the curve/inside turn.
17.5" Mad Maxx
 I ended up drifting out of the rice, so I threw the Whopper Plopper for about 5 minutes.  When I went back in the rice I quickly picked up a 14.25" bass and had another pike miss Maxx.  I went quite a while without getting anything.  I got a 16.5" bass where there was a little bit thicker rice with pads on Maxx.  There were also several pike in that area.
Caught by the clump of rice.
I moved out of that area towards Jenny's neighbors boat channel.  A fish gave up it's position to me and an accurate cast put a 14.25" bass in the boat.  About 5 minutes later the biggest bass of the night hit (See first picture).  I thought it was an 18" plus fish, but it only measured 17 and 2/3rds.

I went across the boat channel and got the last bass of the night, a 15.75" on Maxx.  I also got another couple of pike.

There were hardly any fireworks tonight as it seemed most people had gone home.  The Loons made some noise tonight. I would say I connected on 70% of the bass that bit the frog tonight

No comments: