Wednesday, July 06, 2016

A Couple Things Made this Trip Worth It

#1
16.5" Big Sexy
#2
7:50-9:45PM
Conditions: Mid 70's, calm, partly cloudy

Thanks to going out for pizza at the Loony Bend with the parents I got a little later start than I wanted.  I got the first fish of the night straight off the dock while walking the frog just before the rice.
12.5" on Big Sexy
I got the boat in the water at about 8:05 and was fishing again by 8:10.  Small fish were under the pads all over the place, but seemingly no bass with them.  I did get a small pike in open water on about my third cast with the Whopper Plopper.
20.5" Whopper Plopper
I tried that for about 10 more minutes without any more hits, then it was back into the reed bed.  Not much was going on tonight in terms of visible fish activity other than when I was paddling around.  The 16 incher missed the frog on the first cast coming all the way out of the water, so I knew it was a bass.  I cast back to the spot, let it sit and it came back an got it.  My mood quickly improved even though my back was starting to give me issues.  I went to the general area of the two pike bite off's yesterday and sure enough got a bite from a pike.  I almost had it to the boat when it got off and I got my Big Sexy back.  I wanted to catch the fish to see if maybe it had another Mad Maxx in it's mouth.  I had two more hits from small pike.  I tried the Plopper again to without any more hits.

I turned the boat around took the picture and started my paddling way back to the dock.

No comments: