Monday, April 18, 2016

Morning & Evening Trips Today

24.25" Storm WildEye Swim Shad
Morning
5:30-7:30AM GOMH SW, Bulldog
Evening
7:45-9:30PM GOMH SE

Conditions: Temps in the Low 50's, Cloudy, Heavy NE wind in the evening, Moderate NE wind in the morning.

I hit the GOMH early hoping I might get some more silvers.  They either weren't there or weren't hitting.  I did have a pike jump me off.  Missed one other bite.  The Cook and his brother showed up.  They didn't get anything in the 20 minutes I was there with them.  I bailed to go try Bulldog.

At Bulldog I got 5 sunfish on T.H.E. Jig with a maggot including a 7".  Also had what was probably a small bass get off after battling it 3/4th of the way in.  I got sick of the wind so I left.  I went to the chiropractor this morning for the first time in a year in a half.  My lower back is in a little bit of pain.

Evening Trip:
I got up after 5PM and didn't get to the GOMH until 7:45PM.  It was WIND DEE.  The Rowdy Bullhead fisherman and a buddy along with a guy and his young daughter were on the SW side.  They brought in two silvers right away.  Apparently they had gotten a jumper and a couple of toothy's. They had been there 2 plus hours.  I started out throwing the WildEye on the Muse Gold Rod and the golden bullhead smoked it.  After not getting anything more after 10 minutes I switched the Cubby and a minnow.  I was reeling it in when a toothy nailed it right before I was going to pull it out of the water.
22" Cubby Mini-Mite w/Minnow
   A guy came down to fish by me while I was taking the fish off.  I threw it back on the North side.  It was now dark enough that I put the Cubby Rod down and went to the Glow Demon rod.  The guy next to me got a silver.  I got a silver.
11" Glow Demon w/minnow
The guy and his daughter and the guy who was next to me left.  He gave me his fish.  Lantern Man showed up and set up on the SW side.  He got a small one right away.  I got 3 more silvers before I left.  With the wave action it was tough to tell when I was getting hit as they were biting light.  The last two had the minnow really deep.  The RBF came over with his pliers and got the hook out on my last fish.  I had enough and was getting cool so I hung it up at 9:30PM.  It supposed to rain tomorrow.  I say bring it.

No comments: