Saturday, April 23, 2016

Late Bird Get's A Worm As Well

12" Glow Demon w/minnow
8:30-11:30PM GOMH SE SW
Conditions: 53-46 degrees, light rain, windy out of the E NE N

I was a little slow on getting my stuff together to go out tonight.  I stopped at Bulldog and missed one bite.  I then headed to the GOMH and was surprised not to see any cars.  There was a boat sitting in the channel on the SW side.  They said they got a bunch of bass from 16 to 18".  On my second cast I missed a fish coming out from the bridge.  They got a few silvers then left about after a half an hour.  I got one small silver before they left.  Just after they pulled out I threw to the other side and got the one in the picture.  I decided I would keep it if I got more.  I got an 11" out by the log.  Lantern Man's friend showed up letting me know they would be fishing tonight.  I decided to switch to the SW side just before LM arrived.  It was a good call as they didn't get anything, while I managed to get 4 silvers among them were a pair of 11.5's and another 12.  They left just as I got the second 11.5".  I fished for another 45 minutes or so only getting one jumper on the Glow Demon.  It was about 15.5" and got off as I was reaching down to grab it.  The wind was blowing pretty good out of the North and I was getting chilled so I left with 5 good silvers in the pail.

I'm now up to 252 crappies for the year.  Hopefully this rain we are getting will raise water levels significantly and bring in more fish.

No comments: