Thursday, April 14, 2016

Broke Skunk Streak & Got 1st Open Water Crappie

15.5" Storm WildEye Swim Shad
6:15-8:10PM Rock Dock
8:20-8:40PM Bulldog
8:50-9:50PM GOMH
10:05-10:35 Bulldog

Conditions:  Warm 76-67 degrees, Windy out of the SSE, Mostly sunny, but hazy

I accidentally put the 6'3" Avid Spinning Rod in the car instead of the Muse Gold.  I wanted to get a picture of me fishing with the Muse.  .  Both rods had a 2" Storm Swim Shad on them, but the Muse doesn't have a Rod Glove yet, Duh.  I caught two bass (15.5",14.75") at the Rock Dock on consecutive casts on the Swim Shad.  I switched up to T.H.E Jig with a minnow and caught 15.75" about 15 minutes later.  Then it was about an hour before I got one last 13" bass on the Swim Shad.

I headed to Bulldog to see if anything was there and I pulled up a 9" Crappie on THE Jig.  The Cannon wouldn't work for me to take a pic and I forgot I had the Polaroid on the tackle bag, so no pic.   It was getting pretty dark and I wasn't getting anymore bites I headed to the GOMH.  No body was there.  No fish  there either.  I headed back to Bulldog and tried with minnows with a Cubby.  Pete called about the battery in the pole barn.  I might have missed one bite.  I left at 10:35 when my minnow was gone

No comments: