Thursday, April 21, 2016

Morning and Evening GOMH Trips

24.5" Glow Demon Evening Trip
5:00-7:30AM (This trip was the morning of the 21st)
Conditions: Calm, 58-48 degrees, Partly cloudy

9:00-12:45AM (This Trip started on the 20th)
Conditions: 50-47 degrees, Breezy out of the NE, Cloudy to mostly cloudy

I headed down at 5am to find out if the silvers were any more active or numerous.  They weren't I only landed two of them.
11" Glow Demon w/minnow
While fishing on the SE side I had a good fish hit.  I played it for a while before it buried me in gunk and got off. I never did see what it was.   I switched to the SW side at that point.  Then I got my first jumper of the morning.

15.5" Glow Demon
From that point on all I got were jumpers and a single toothy.  I was the only person there this morning.
Chunky 17" D & M Piranha
Evening Trip:
Black & Decker Tackle Wrecker strikes again.  I was able to fix it.
I got a late start tonight and when I arrived only Lantern Man's friend was there and he wasn't fishing.  No minnows.  Some guys had just left that told him they had to keep the bait moving and you couldn't hardly tell when you got a hit.  That was my experience on several silvers tonight.  I took up on the SW side and as I did Lantern Man arrived.  It started out fairly slow.  I got a couple close in by the rocks out from the steps.  LM was getting more bites than me on the SE side
11" Glow Demon w/minnow
Then the dogfish hit in the same spot I was getting the silvers.  I remained pretty slow for me.  I did get a jumper to take the minnow.
15.5" Glow Demon w/Minnow
 Peter and his brother showed up with a bright LED strip to look for bullheads but it was to windy.  Shortly after they left Lantern Man got his limit.  I got a couple more silvers on the SW side then I switched to the SE side.  The fish kind of went on a tear over there as the moon was attempting to poke through.  I landed 6 silvers in no time, a golden, and some good jumpers.  However, my upper back was just killing me, so I called it quits at 12:30 even though the fish were biting.
21"

19"

No comments: