Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bulldog & Slow at the GOMH

18" Bulldog Toad
6:30-8:30PM Bulldog
8:45-10:30 PM GOMH
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 74-68 degrees, Calm
I got skunked at both places in the morning.  Local walleye guy showed up towing his boat.  He did well yesterday at Gull.  Also did well on big slabs at the Golf coarse channel on Mille Lacs when ice was still on the lake.

For the evening trip I checked GOMH first.  South side covered up.  Still no jumpers, but they did report a couple of toothy's.  I left and went to Bulldog which was open.  I got into the sunfish pretty quickly.
5" T.H.E. Jig w/maggie
8" T.H.E. Jig

I also got some largies on THE Jig.
14.25" THE Jig 
 There was some activity in the hay that I waited for prime time to throw the craw tube into hoping it might be a dogfish.  Turns out it was pike and the toad.
22.5" Craw Tube
I ended up with the 1 pike, 4 bass (18,14.25,11,10) and 14 Sunfish 6 of which were bigger than 6.5 inches.

At the GOMH the SW side was taken, so I took the SE side.  Lantern Man showed up as I was bringing my stuff down.  He and who was with him came down and fished with me.  The guys on the SW side had gotten a couple.  The Rowdy Bullhead fishermen from last year showed up.  Shortly after that LM buddy got one.  LM got one and I had a bite that got off and screwed up my line.  I had to cut it, but then it came out easy.  The guys on the SW side left while I was getting my gear straightened out. LM went to the SW side.  I caught one.  They got about 5 before I left.
10" Glow Demon w/minnow

No comments: