Friday, April 15, 2016

Couple Pike, Couple of Sunfish

23.5" WildEye Spin at Rock Lake
3:45-4:45PM GOMH
5:45-7:50 Rock
8:00-8:35 Bulldog
8:50-9:30 GOMH
9:40-10:00 Bulldog

Conditions: Partly Sunny turning cloudy, 73-66 degrees, Very Windy ESE turning to moderate at sunset

First stop tonight was at the GOMH.  I forgot my cell and the maggots.  I got a small toothy on the SE side on T.H.E. Jig with a minnow.  I brought it into the pool area and it came off.  As I was maneuvering to grab it the stupid thing escaped, so no picture.  I didn't get anything on the NE side, so I headed home to get the stuff I forgot.

Rod label toward the camera, rookie.
I got to Rock Lake about an hour later.  There was a truck and trailer in the lot.  My first order of business was to take a selfie with my new 13 Fishing Muse Gold Spinning Rod.  The batteries in the Polaroid weren't up to it.  So I took this pic with the Cannon that I got to work again.  Lousy pic of the rod, but a good pic of the lure I got the pike on.  I caught the pike a couple of minutes before the boater came in.  I helped him put the boat on the trailer.  He was out breaking in his new Lund Boat and Mercury Motor.  The wind eventually died down a little.  I headed to Bulldog at 7:50PM.  Sunfish were there and I caught a couple of them.
5" THE Jig w/maggie
I would have gotten more but for the wind and a call from Pete.  When it was pretty much to dark to see the bobber I headed to the GOMH.  There was one truck parked on the NE side.  They were fishing for silver and orange bullheads, but said they hadn't gotten anything.  Also said they were the only one's there tonight.  I set up on the SW side.  Those guys were about to leave when they got a toothy.  They started packing up when Lantern Man showed up.  He took the SE side.  He didn't get out this winter.  Neither of us were getting anything so I bailed for Bulldog.  Didn't get anything there and I left after I lost 1 minnow.

No comments: