Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Afternoon and Evening Trips Cloudy Cool

16.5" Storm Swim Shad
3:30-4:50PM GOMH SW
7:30-9:15PM GOMH SW
42-37℉, Cloudy some light rain, 5-8mph NNE
Water Level High

The first trip was pretty slow.  Had one golden bullhead get off as I was trying to bring it to shore.  Got a couple of jumpers as well.  All fish were caught on a X-Rap size 6.

I got out a little later than I would have preferred by half an hour.  I caught a couple of 16" jumpers right away on the 2" Storm Swim Shad.  A guy showed up who used to fish the place when it was the old bridge.  He talked about how the bass used to be super big in the lakes.  He went down on the SE side.  He had a jumper burry him in the cattails and break off.  I had a jumper break off as I tried lifting it on shore thus losing my Cubby.  Shortly after I got re-tied a different male CO showed up and checked licenses.  About 10 minutes after he left Lantern Man showed up and came down next to me on the SW side.  The other guy left and LM got what was probably a fish that played with me before the CO showed up.  Also, I had a fish get off on the Swim Shad that felt very silver bullhead like when the other guy was retying after the jumper broke him off.  I was feeling a bit under the weather and the fish weren't biting so I left at 9:15PM.

No comments: