Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Out of Nowhere the Silvers Showed Up

10.5" THE Jig/minnow


7" THE Jig

16" Cubby/minnow
7:00-10:30PM GOMH NE SE SW
58-48℉, Mostly Sunny, 4-7mph NE

I went straight to the GOMH tonight.  There was a bass boat parked in front of the SW side with a guy and probably his two sons, so I headed to the NE side to start.  Sometimes a warm wind blowing in really brings the fish into this area.  Not today didn't even have a sniff.  After 20 minutes I was headed to the SE side.  The harmless GOMH gnats were thick.  One of the kids brought in a good toothy.  I lost a couple of bites on the Swim Shad.  I put on the Cubby/minnow combo and the bobber was down immediately with the 16" jumper.  The gnats got so bad I went up on the bridge.  The boat left shortly after that, so I moved my stuff to the SW side which was getting enough of a breeze to keep the gnat numbers down.  I quickly got a jumper on the Cubby.  I then had several fish quickly pull the Wing It down, but I didn't hook up.  Two guys showed up as I was switching to the long rod with T.H.E. Jig on it.  I figured those bites I was missing were orange bullheads.  Before I could even test that theory one of the guys across the way was bringing in a silver bullhead.  I think I got the 7" on the second cast.  I missed a few bites and much to my amazement the guys across the way kept bringing in silvers.  I noticed they were using minnows, so I put one on THE Jig and promptly missed a fish.  Pretty soon I was getting and missing silvers.  I ended up keeping 6 of them and throwing 4 of them back.  I lost at least 6 fish that bit on the long rod.  I got one fish on Glow Demon, but the bite pretty much died when I went to the lighted bobber.  I left a little after 10:30PM 

No comments: