Monday, May 06, 2019

Spectacular Sunrise And Low Key Evening Trip







18" X-Rap size 6 (Firetiger)

17.5" X-Rap size 6 (Firetiger)

Bulldog Lake 16" Panfish Chatterbait
5:50-8:00AM GOMH NE SW
40-42℉, Mostly Cloudy, 3mph NW
High falling

When I looked out the window this morning I could tell it was probably going to be a pretty good sunrise at the Grumpy Old Man Hole this morning and boy was it.  Just spectacular.  Too bad there was a bit of a breeze to cut down on the water mirroring. I caught a few jumpers and a toothy on the Swim Shad.  The paddle tail got bit off and I still got a couple jumpers on it.  That's a first.  I wasn't getting any silvers so I switched to the SW side.  All I got there was the one 18" jumper.  I tried putting on the Purple Shad 2" Storm Swim Shad and got bit off on the first cast so with that result I left at 8AM.

I went to the dentist in St. Cloud because last night my gums got really irritated and the swelling started again which had me concerned.  The dentist decided to take me off of the amoxicillin I was on and put me on penicillin.  Hopefully, that gets things under control so I can have the tooth extracted next Monday.

7:15-7:45 Bulldog Lake
8:00-10:00PM GOMH NE SW
58-48℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-5mph NE
After a long day on the road, I wasn't totally gung ho for fishing, but I went.  I started at Bulldog and got a bass.  That was the only bite I got, so I left after 20 minutes.  Surprisingly, no one was at the GOMH so I started on the NE side.  There was a bit of a wind blowing in and no fish, so I was out of there pretty quickly.  I went down on the SW side.  I got 14"jumper, 20" toothy and 20.5" golden bullhead on the Purple Shad Storm Swim Shad.  I think that color is going to be a winner.  I caught an 11.5" silver bullhead on the Cubby minnow combo.  CO A-Net showed up after dark and checked my license again.  Didn't get a bite once it got dark.  Stayed until 10PM because it was nice out. 

No comments: