Thursday, May 30, 2019

Platte Trip Cut Short

17" Shower Blows (Chrome)

The sucker stuck me
Time ??? Platte Lake
80℉, Hazy Sun, 4-6mph SW

So I wanted to get some dock practice in and I did that catching a few dinks and hopefully getting some of the rust knocked off my casting.  Once I was done with the set out front I headed for Channel Inn Bay.  I got one maybe two dinks on the Evergreen Shower Blows, then I hooked into a quality fish next to shore that didn't fight much coming in other than one surge near the boat.  She had a mouth full of hooks so I lifted it up by the string.  I told myself "this is a dangerous fish" bent down and sure enough it stuck me good while throwing a spaz.  That was fun.  I managed to get the fish off and put it in the livewell while I dealt with the hook.  Eventually, I came to the conclusion I needed the Pro's to deal with it, so my fishing was done as I headed to the hospital in Onamia.  I am now a bit wiser for having taken that trip. If I had known what to do I probably could have gotten it out myself provided my bolt cutters cut the hook.   

No comments: