Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Morning Topwater Dinkfest at the GOMH/Evening Up North

1st Fish/Largest Fish
16" X-Rap Shad Shallow (Perch)




5:00-8:45AM GOMH NE SW, Culvert, Inlet
48-40℉, Partly to Overcast, 3-5mph NE, Water High rising

I got there early enough to have a shot at a golden or two, but with the high water, the casting angle into the tube sucks.  I ended up getting started with the 16-inch jumper on the X-Rap Shad Shallow on the NE side casting into the tube.  I got one dink on a grass pig, then a couple more on the Jerk Shad.  I put on the orange SBKO and went to town on them. First on the NE side, then on the SW side.  It was a bite on every cast on the SW side for at least half an hour.  I only got one 15-incher and three 14-inchers.  It was a total dinkfest.  36 Bass caught in 3-hours and my six best went 10.33lbs.  I did lose one fish that might have bumped me pound or so had I caught it. I tried the Culvert and Inlet and didn't get anything.

36 Bass
2 Pike
__________________________________________________________________
3.99lbs/19" Shower Blows (Chrome)

3.30lbs/17.75" Shower Blows

17" Shower Blows
17" SBKO (Orange)

18.71lbs for the Day
5:00-9:30PM North Inlet Bay to the NW Juice
70-64℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-5mph E

I started in the pads in the North corner of Inlet Bay.  Nothing until I got to the reeds, then the 4lber rocked my world, annihilating the chrome Shower Blows.  The release took a long time because she got a hook in the gills.  I held her in the livewell for a while and she seemed fine, so I release her.  As I worked my way west I would get an occasional blow up with the fish getting smaller the farther west I went.  After the sunset, I went to Big Bass point and pulled several fish there including a 17-incher. I made a last-second desperation attempt at the juice and only got one small bass, should have stayed at Big Bass Point.

20 Bass
5 Pike

For the Day
56 Bass
7 Pike

No comments: