Tuesday, May 21, 2019

100 Fish Day (Morning in the Trophy/GOMH Wackfest In the Evening


1.31lbs/13.5 Crawtube (Junebug)

19" Crawtube (Junebug)

18" Crawtube 

19" Crawtube

18" Crawtube

18" Crawtube
6:00AM-12:00PM GOMH, River Mouth, Dam, SPRO
40-55℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm to 18mph ESE ENE

So I elected to go straight to the Trophy this morning knowing the forecast was calling for a windy day.  I laid the smackdown on them at the GOMH.  I don't think anybody else showed up until I was on the South side.  A loon threw a fit as I worked my way down the WSGOMH. Got a couple dinks there.  Then it was onto the river mouth, caught 'em.  Then to the dam, caught 'em including a 19-incher on the junebug craw tube..  Back to the river mouth, caught some more.  The NSPO caught some more.  I forgot to bring water or I would have stayed out longer.  I put 56 bass in the boat and 9 pike.

56 Bass
9 Pike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00-9:00PM GOMH NE SW
57-60℉, Cloudy some light rain, 15-22mph NE

I think I started on the Southside as no one was at the GOMH. Then I went into the gale on the NE side and laid the smackdown on 'em.  The junebug craw tube was the deal.  A bite on every cast.  Plenty of missed fish.  The size of fish was impressive. John W. showed up about the time I caught that silver bullhead. A very fun night at the GOMH.

35 Jumpin' Bullheads
3 Toothy Bullheads
1 Silver Bullhead

For the Day
91 Bass (Reaching my 50 Bass in a day goal)
12 Pike
 1 Crappie
Reached my 100 fish in a day goal! 


No comments: