Friday, May 17, 2019

GOMH/Trophy

3.35lbs/17" SK Spin (Blk/Red)

17.25" SK Spin (Blk/Red)

16" Speed Shad (Foil)

17" Crawtube (b/b)
2:00-4:00PM GOMH NE SW NE
4:45-9:00PM Loon Sex, River Mouth,  NSPRO
64-60℉, Partly Cloudy to Cloudy, 8-12 ENE

Nobody was at the GOMH when I arrived and the jumpin' bullheads were ready to rumble.   I started on the NE side with the black/red single Colorado Strike King Spinnerbait.  Caught a bunch of them on that.  Got one on the Vet Chatterjig and some little guys on the Grass Pig.  Switched to the SW side.  Caught a bunch on the Strike King again.  Got a little golden on the Speed Shad and a few jumpers as well.  Went back to the NE side.  Got a few more jumpers.  Was going to go back to the SW side, but a couple of guys took up the Southside, so I bailed for the Trophy.

I should have just seen things out at the bridge.  Missed one and got a 14-incher in Loon Sex Bay.  It clouded up. I made the move to the River Mouth. Caught a few on the orange Shower Blows knock off.  Got my last good bass on b/b Crawtube.  Also got fish on two different Shower Blows 105's, Brovarney Jig, Fleet Farm Spinnerbait. I fished along the North SPRO getting a few pike and one small bass. Think I lost a halfway decent bass on the orange knock off.

As I went through the channel Lantern Man and son reported a bunch of jumpers.  I didn't go back to the bridge as I was bushed.

No comments: