Monday, May 13, 2019

Quick Morning At the GOMH/Audibling to the Trophy/GOMH Again

Sun Angel or Man

11" Glow Demon/Minnow

16.25" Herb's Dilly

Sunset Across the North of Platte 
6:00-6:40AM GOMH NE SW
36-34℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm, High Water

After being exhausted last night I took a short nap then got myself up for a quick trip to the GOMH.  It was slow.  Got two toothy's on the NE side on the Crackle Jerk Shad and had a 14ish jumper come off.  Didn't get a hit on the SW side.  Had to leave to get to the dentist.

8:00-9:30PM Platte Inlet Bay
61-58℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-5mph SSW

The plan was to fish the GOMH tonight as Mom and Dad got back from dinner after 7PM.  However, the GOMH was all covered up and nobody seemed to be catching anything.  I made a quick call to go out in the Trophy and I made good time and was fishing by just after 8PM.  I went up along North Platte Lake Penninsula in Inlet Bay.  There was some baitfish activity.  First fish was the 16-incher which hit the Herb's Dilly. I then traded off pike and bass on the Vet Chatterjig.  I put on a Stanley Phantom.  Had multiple fish swipe at it, but just caught one bass.  At about 9:05PM the action just shut down.

10:00-11:30PM GOMH NE SW
58℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm, High Water

Nobody was at the GOMH, not a good sign. There were shiners all around, but very little activity.  I missed a bite on the Glow Demon on the NE side and caught the 1 silver on the SW side.  I was worn out, so I gave up at 11:30 even though it was nice out.  Also, I managed to free my Shad Shallow that got hung up thank goodness. 


No comments: