Monday, May 20, 2019

13th Birthday Bullhead for Dev

2.40lbs/16.25" Brovarney Jig/Grass Pig Jr.



5:00-6:40AM GOMH NE SW SE
35℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-3mph S, High Rising Water

I was happy that Sneaky C wasn't there this morning.  I was on a quest to get Devin's Birthday Bullhead.  About 10 minutes in I had a bullhead on, but with the heavy current, it was able to take me to the wall and get off.  A couple of casts later I had something hit and not hook up.  Then it was a lot of nothing.  I made a quick side switch from NE to SW then back to NE.  Nothing.  Because something got hit in the tube I decided to try the SE side for casting with a spinning rod.  It was about 6:25AM at that point and I had to leave by quarter to 7AM.  At about 6:30AM I was just thinking it wasn't going to happen this morning when the bullhead hit the Brovarney Swim Jig.  I ended up getting two more on the crawtube before I left.

Victory Achieved

No comments: