Wednesday, October 04, 2017

The River & The Intersection

2.53"/16.95" Terminator Frog
5:00-7:30PM Platte River, Intersection SW
Conditions: 55-50℉, Sunny, WSW Windy diminishing some by the time I left the river.  Water Level up another 4 or so inches and rising.
Water Temp: 56-58℉
15" Piranha/Chigger Craw (June/Sapphire)
I decided with the wind being what it was and the water level being up to hit the river and see if anything might be going on there.  I planned to hit the GOMH on the way there, but there was a car so I nixed that plan.  I'm pretty sure it was the guy and his kid from the other night.  He was bringing in a toothy on the SW side when I passed him.  I got to the river mouth and the wind was barreling straight down it.  I got a 14.5" bass right away on the Piranha.  I decided to put the anchor down rather than fight the wind.  I moved in closer to the river and re-anchored.  I got the 15" in the picture and a couple of small pike on the Piranha and a couple of 20" pike on the Hack Jig.  I then had the Hack Jig get bit off.  Bummer!

I got the almost 17 incher in the river along the bulrushes on the Terminator Frog.  I also got a 14" out of the slop on the first turns outside bend.
With Flash

Without Flash

The wind died down some and I got out of there and headed to the SW of the Intersection.   Wasn't any sign of activity.
16.5" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty

I got my last fish of the night along the small bulrush point on the Hack Jig.  The fish obviously didn't want the Terminator as I had thrown it right over where I caught the fish.  On the way back there were two cars parked at the GOMH.  A guy throwing a crankbait said he had gotten 9 bass and 2 pike, "but no size". I stopped at SPSI and lost a hit there.
5 Bass
4 Pike
 

No comments: