Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I Tried The River, It Came Up Pike (Mostly)

16.25" Piranha/Craw Fatty (June/O Craw)
4:40-8:00PM West Point, River, Intersection NE, GOMHIT NE
Conditions: 70-66℉. Partly Cloudy, SW Wind, Water level falling
Water Temp: 54-51℉

I started at West Point and I think I missed a hit on the Real Deal Craw.  Couldn't get it to hit again, so maybe it wasn't a bite. Who knows.  I then went straight to the River.  Didn't have a bite at the mouth.  Not a good sign.  I was maybe about 50 feet into the river when the bass bit on the Piranha.  That was the only bass I caught tonight.  I got 5 pike in the river and missed a couple hits as well.  The wind died down some and I headed out of the river to the NE of the intersection.  Didn't get a hit outside and just one inside the reeds that I missed.  I then went and parked at the GOMH.  I had what I think was a small pike get off when I went to life it in the boat.  It was to dark for me to see and I didn't have my headlamp on at the time.  It bit on the Grass Pig.  It might have been golden, who knows.  Was fairly disappointed I didn't get at least one golden.  It looks like no rain this week until Sat, when we might get a thunder storm.  I would really like to see the water level drop by about a foot from where it is at presently.

No comments: