Friday, October 13, 2017

OK Night, GOMH Good After Dark

17.5" Grass Pig (Swamp Gas)
3:35-7:00PM GOMH, West Point, Across from PA, Chuck's Point, Double Cain Pt.
8:30-9:15PM  GOMH
Conditions: 55-36℉, Mostly Sunny, Light NW Wind turning calm, Water High
Water Temp: 53℉

I started out at the Inlet on Sullivan, nothing.  Nothing at the Culvert.  Got a small toothy on the SW side of the GOMH on a craw tube.  I then headed to the Trophy.  At West Point I got 13' bass and missed 3 or 4 hits.  Then I headed across from the Public Access.  There was fish activity scattered about in the hay field.  I got a pike and 15.25" bass on the Horny Toad out of the hay.  I could't get the camera to take a picture of the bass due to low batteries.

I then moved to Chuck's Point.  A couple of fish boiled out over the weed flat.  I got a small pike out there on the bone Shower Blows 105.  It just wasn't happening so I then headed to Double Cain Point.  I got a 14" casting towards the reeds with the Shower Blows.  It got dark and on my very last cast I caught a 18.75"/4.29lb bass on the Shower Blows.  To bad I couldn't get the camera to work.

I went in and talked to Steve for a while.  Then I headed to the GOMH.  Had something small get off on the SW side when I was vertical jigging off the bridge.  I went down on the NE side and got three golden bullheads on the Grass Pig.  I also missed a bite as well.  Didn't have a bucket with.  So no fish for Jan.
MY Bass tonight
4 Bass
3 Pike
3 Golden Bullheads

No comments: