Saturday, October 14, 2017

OK Day On the Water

3.50lb/18" Herbs Dilly (Silver/White)
7:30-8:30 GOMH SW
9:00-4:00 West Point, F Flat, Reeds Across the Way, Docks Across the Bay
Conditions: 35-55℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light to Breezy out of the  NNE
Water Temp: 53℉
3.02/17.75" Big Bite Baits Real Deal Craw
I didn't get a bite on the NE side.  I got one toothy and one nice jumper on the SW side on the Big Bite Baits Real Deal Craw.  That was it at the GOMH.
12.75" Jenko Big Wig Jig (Gizzard Shad)
I started out at West Point.  I got one bass (12.75) there on the Jenko Fishing Big Wig Magnum Jig and two (10.25, 15.5) on the Real Deal Craw.  I then headed to F Flat.
15.25" R2S Bubble Walker
I got this bass right away on the Bubble Popper up by shore.  I then got a small pike casting out.  While I was letting the fish tire itself out next to the boat I noticed the line was frayed a little bit about 6" up the line.  It didn't look serious so I lifted the fish up to me.  While I was waiting for my chance to grab the fish without getting hooked the line snapped and the fish fell back into the lake.  I was not a happy camper at my stupidity for letting that happen.  I looked for the lure for about 15 minutes, but the bait never resurfaced.  Easy come easy go.
3.02lb/17.25" Pop Max KO
So I put on the bubblegum Pop Max knock off and pretty quickly got a good one on that.  I also got a 12.75.  The wind came up and the topwater bite died.  I got one small pike on the Big Wig.

I then headed to reeds across the way which was in more protected water working North to South.   Not a whole lot was happening in the reeds.  When I was coming to the division between the two beds I got a 16.66" on the Herb's Dilly Buzzbait.
16.5" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (GP/Chart/GP)
I got this 16.5 on the South side of the divide.  Pretty much in the middle of the bed I got two 13 inchers on consecutive casts.  I thought I might have found 'em, but it wasn't to be.  I worked my way around the point and got the big one of the day on the Herb's Dilly off of a dock that was still in the water.
18" Herb's Dilly
I got a couple more bass (13.5'x2,11) off of docks on the Real Deal Craw.  I also missed so hits.  Then it was back to flogging the water.  I didn't realize how windy it had gotten until I headed in.  The Wind was really humming out of the North.
16.79lbs for my Best 6 Bass
15 Bass
5 Pike

No comments: