Thursday, October 05, 2017

GOMH Then Out In the Trophy the Rest Of the Day

3.04/17.5" Pop Max Knock Off (Pink)
8:30-10:30AM GOMH
12:00-7:00PM West Point, F Flat, Chuck's Point, Across from PA, Double Cane Point
Conditions: 48-57℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light SE to WSW Wind.  Water Level High and Rising
Water Temp: 56℉
Yes the water is high
16" Craw Tube (Green Pumpkin)
I got a swimbait bit off to start the morning on the SW side.  Then I had the Shower Blows knock off I had just won on eBay get bit off.  Didn't even catch a fish with it.  Basically, it was a toothy bullhead fest at the GOMH this morning.  I also had a Jerk Shad get bit off on the NE side.  I caught 10 of them total 7 on a Jerk Shad, 2 on the craw tube, 1 on the Hack Jig.  I did get that one good bass on the SW side.  When I was fishing the NE side Chuck Steinbauer called, but my phone was out of juice before he could tell me anything.

I went home to call Chuck and found out I was needed for the Challenge Cup.
How high's the water mamma?

We are nearing peak leaves

I got back on the water at noon.  I quickly caught two 12" bass on a black Shower Blows knock off and a 10" and 14" on the craw tube off of West Point.  The rest of the day it was a struggle to catch fish.
Pop Max Knock Off
I moved over to F Flat and quickly got my big fish of the day on the above Pop Max knock off.  I thought maybe it was gonna be AWWWWWWWN, but it wasn't.  I caught one dink on the X-Rap Prop and that was it for F Flat.

I then went to Green Cabin Bay.  There was only pike there until I got to the reeds at Chuck's Point.
17.25" Spro Shad Sprinker KO
   I think I missed a couple of strikes there as well.  Next, I headed across from the public access.  I missed a few hits there but did catch two bass (14, 16.25) on a Terminator Frog.
16.25" Terminator Frog (yellow)

Where I caught it.
This was the only area I got any bass across from the public access.  The 14 incher came along the bulrush wall off to the left of the picture.

I made one last move to Double Cane Point.  I got one last 15.3" bass on the Terminator Frog up by the point after I took these pictures.
13.84lbs Best 6 for the Day
1 Jump
10 Toothy
10 Bass
7 Pike

No comments: