Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Low Winds = Fishing

14.5" Bubble Walker (White)
2:45-6:45PM Across from PA, Chuck's Pt, Double Cane Pt., F Flat
Conditions: 55-48℉, Partly Cloudy, NW N NE Light Wind/Calm,
Water Temp: 50-48℉
Finally a nice night for me to go fishing.  If the long term forecast is correct this weekend may be it for me in the Trophy.  I started out at West Point and didn't get a hit.  I then went into the hay field across from the Platte Public Access.  Nothing was going on there.  I finally got a hit on the Horny Toad around the cattails in the reeds, but missed it. 
22" Craw Tube (b/b)
I had a pike boil on the Horny Toad, but not hook up. I got it on a Blue Bruiser Craw Tube.  I got one more small pike on the Horny Toad.  I then headed to Chuck's Point.  Had one small pike after the Horny Toad there and that was it.  I then headed to Double Cane Point.  A fish gave it's position away sending me North into the bay.
25.5" Bubble Walker
   I got my biggest pike of the night on the Bubble Walker and a couple of small one's as well.  I got a couple more small pike as I went in the hay along the point on the Horny Toad.  I wasn't getting any bass and wind had switched out of the East so I headed to F Flat.  There I got a couple of 14" bass on consecutive casts and a couple of pike as well on the Bubble Walker.



2 Bass
9 Pike

No comments: