Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Plans Change, Dang Wind

3.54lbs/17.75" Piranha/Craw Fatty (June/B/B)
8:30-9:00AM GOM
9:00-9:30AM Rock Dock
10:00-11:30AM West Point. East of Jenny's,  SPSI
4:00-7:00PM Loon Flat
Conditions: 48-64℉, Partly Cloudy, Light to Heavy Wind SW W
Water Temp: 52℉
16" Piranha/Grub (Chart)
I got one jumper at the GOMH on the Piranha. I also missed a hit on the Real Deal Craw.
21" Piranha/Grub (Chart)
I got one pike at the Rock Dock. I took my sweet time getting out in the Trophy.  I got two bass at West Point.  A 11.5 incher on the white Bubble Walker and a 13.66 incher on a chart Rippin' Rap.
Juvenile Loon Checking Me Out 
 
I then went and fish the inside turn and point over by Jenny's.  Didn't get a bit.  Then I headed to South Point of the Small Island.  Nothing going on there.  I got a phone call, but the phone was out of juice.  I headed in just in case Dad needed to use the car.  Turns out it was Snatcher Chuck asking me to fish a tournament with him on Mission Lakes this Saturday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.1" Fleet Farm Spinnerbait/Swim Fluke/Gifted Grub
The plan was to head across to the West side of the lake, but the waves at the North narrows made me turn back.  I got soaked too.  I pulled up on Loon Flat and spent the whole evening there.
I got the melanistic bass as soon as I switched the the spinnerbait.  I quickly got a 8.5" dink and pike. I then had probably 5 fish hit the spinnerbait and not hook up.  I got one more pike on the spinnerbait and a small one on a 3/4oz Red Eye Shad.
17.75" Piranha/Craw Fatty
And the big bass of the day was my last bite of the night.
 
11.15lbs Best 6 Bass for the Day
7 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: