Friday, May 23, 2008

Last Night at the GOMH???

Fishing Report Fri. 5-23-08: I arrived at the GOMH around 7PM and both of the South Ends were taken. About the time I arrived a car with three young guys got out and added to the S. side fishing brigade. Not long after I arrived the family with the two kids from last night showed up and they started fishing the SW side. I set up on the NE side and a brisk wind was blowing straight in from the NW. I caught a small jumpin bullhead on my very first cast with the "lost jig." After catching a couple of more jumpin bullheads I had a nice toothy bullhead follow the "lost jig" right to shore but it didn't strike and bolted when it saw me. I kept casting and caught a couple of more jumpin bullheads, one of which almost wrapped me on one of the markers they have in the water for the bridge work that is going to be done. Eventually, what am sure is that same toothy bullhead struck and fought me up to shore but it got off before I could land it. I threw many more casts on the NE shore and eventually some of the people on the South side started leaving. I got a total of 6 jumpin bullheads and that one toothy bullhead miss on the NE side. On the SE side I got several jumpin bullheads and a small toothy bullhead on the "lost jig." At about 8PM the family left opening up the SW side. A couple of boats had moved in and so long casting from either of the South sides was out the window. I switched to silver bullhead fishing. My first fish was a chunky orange bullhead that Willard wanted put in a bucket. On the glow Cubby and minnow I got 2 orange bullheads, 3 jumpin bullheads, and 4 silver bullheads. Willard took home the 6 bullheads. I quit fishing a little after 9:30pm so I could get home and get the boat set up to leave in the morning.

I think I caught a total of 14 jumpin bullheads.

Tommorrow: Minnesocold Bass Opener!!!

No comments: