Friday, May 16, 2008

GOMH Thurs 5-15-08

You've got mail. Today I got a Team Daiwa X-100HVA, Shimano Symetre 2500, and 6 Strike King Spinnerbaits that I won on Ebay. I spent part of the afternoon putting line on reels and matching reels to rods. It sprinkled a little while I was messin with the reels, but the sky's looked much worse than the precipitation we actually got. At about 6:30pm I headed to the GOMH. It was mostly cloudy but clearing to the west, but it also looked to be threating to rain. Nobody was at the GOMH but two boats were on the Sullivan Side.

I started out by testing the Team Daiwa X-100 with an all white Booyah spinnerbait. It did not take long and I hooked up with a nice jumpin bullhead. After about another 10 minutes I hooked up with a fiesty 24" toothy bullhead. I think I caught 1 more nice jumper on the spinnerbait. I tried the spinnerbait on the NE side but didn't have any luck. I switched to the green/brown/Chart Swim Jig with green grub and I started catching little jumpers. After the action slowed, I went to the NE side and caught some jumpin bullheads and missed a few strikes. Willard showed up as I was switching to the NE side. He said he tried for toothy bullheads earlier in the day but didn't catch a thing.

Around 8PM I switched back to the SW side and got a jumper on the swim jig, then I switched up to the glow Cubby and a minnow. I quickly had a toother bite me off and I switched to an orange Flu Flu. After about 5 minutes I got a bite from that lure stealing toothy bullhead. I got my Cubby back and gave the fish to Willard. I then proceeded to catch jumpin bullheads numbers 14 and 15 on the Cubby and a minnow. I switched to the swim jig and caught two more jumpers and then I ended up breaking off the jig in the Cattails. I went back to the glow Cubby and a minnow and caught two silvers for Willard. He joined me for a while fishing with waxies, but he didn't get anything and I missed a good bite. Eventually Willard went back to the car and it got dark and I didn't catch any more fish, no bites even. At about 9:35 I packed up and left.

No comments: