Thursday, May 22, 2008

GOMH WED 5-21-08

Once again part of the afternoon was spent on various tackle chores. I put the sweet Lew's reel handle on a Team Daiwa X-100 which I hope works out, I changed blades on those Strike King Spinnerbaits I won on Ebay, and I did the last of my plastics in need of Mend-It.

I did not hit the GOMH till about 7PM. Today was sunny and almost warm so Lee Ander was there fishing the SW side. He got a couple of jumpin bullheads, but no oranges or silvers. There was a father and son fishing the SE side, getting jumpers on some kind of live bait. I started on the NE side and quickly landed 3 small jumping bullheads. About the time I caught the third a young guy and his girlfriend started fishing the NW side. They were nice people and they ended up catching at least as many fish as I did on the night. I switched to the SW side pallets and caught 6 small jumpin bullheads and I think I missed at least one toothy bullhead. Lee Ander left before 8pm per usual and Willard stayed till the bitter end of coarse. At 8:15pm I switched to the glow Cubby and minnow for silver bullheads and I ended up getting 4 of those which I gave to Willard. I missed one very nice silver bullhead. The father and son caught jumpers, oranges, and a couple of honest to goodness whiskered bullheads. The silver bullhead bite died as it got darker so I called it a night at around 9:35pm.

No comments: