Monday, May 05, 2008

GOMH 5-4&5-08

5/4:After winning a Team Daiwa S-103HVA on Ebay for a very good price. I headed out to fish a little after 7PM. While putting on the black fleese pull over I set my maggies on the hood of the car and forgot that I did it. Bye Bye maggies, hope the Gulp maggies work as well.

When I arrived at the GOMH there was a truck, but it wasn't a Grumpy Old Man truck. There was 1 guy fishing the NW side and one guy fishing the SW side. I took up the SE side. Current was moving into Sullivan at a pretty good clip with a fairly strong South wind blowing in. The guy on the SW side said he had caught some "bass". He was a jig and a minnow. I tried a jig and a minnow for a while then went to a twister tail jig fished without a bobber. I got 2 jumpin bullheads on the twister tail. After the guy at the SW side caught a nice bullhead, I switched back to the jig and a minnow and caught a jumpin bullhead. At some point the guy from the NW side joined his buddy on the SW side. He had not caught a thing fishing the NW side. The wind started to die down and one guy than the other gave up around 8:30. I headed over to the SW side but did not get any action until well after dark when I caught 1 little silver bullhead. Eventually I had enough and pulled out around 9:40PM.

I am quite concerned that there were no Grumpy Old Men around on such a nice night.

5/5: Got out around a quarter to 6PM. There were some teens fishing off the North side of the bridge. I started off on the SE side then moved to the SW side. For the night I caught 15 jumpin bullheads and 8 silver bullheads 4 of which were small 8 inchers. The first silver was about 11" and it just inhaled the Cubby and minnow. I was visited by a guy who caught around 4 bass on a jig and minnow and also by a lady and a guy; the lady ended up casting over the powerlines and then the guy brought out a baitcaster with a spinnerbait and proceeded to nail about 6 jumpers. The silver bullheads bit from about 7:20 till after dark. I threw all the bullheads back. It is supposed to be quite warm again tomorrow so maybe things will break wide open tommorrow night.

No comments: