Thursday, May 15, 2008

GOMH with Dad Wed 5-14-08


Today was mild and sunny and Dad decided that he wanted to come along fishing at the GOMH due to my success last night. We didn't get out tell about 6:30 and when we arrived there were quite a few people fishing. Lee Ander was there with his brother Harvey, along with Willard who wasn't fishing. An older couple took up the SE side and a family had the NW and NE side covered. Dad and I started out by kibbitzing and waiting to see who was going to leave. The family on the N side moved down the shoreline to the East openning up the whole N side. I ended up fishing the N side twice with different color swim jigs and didn't get a hit. The family down the shoreline did get a few small orange bullheads in the weeds.

Lee Ander had one orange bullhead and his brother hadn't gotten anything. The old couple on the SE side caught one silver bullhead. Apparently the jumpin bullheads had vacated the current because I could not get any either. I got into some jumpin bullheads when I casted West into the weeds from down on the shore on the SW side with the brown/chart/white spinnerbait. I backlashed and sent the spinnerbait to the depths when my line broke again at the knot. That is it for the line on that reel. I thought it was 30lb Power Pro but whatever it is it needs replaced. I caught a few more small jumpin bullheads on a all white swim jig. Once again no pike or dogfish.

At about 8pm I got out the Cubby rod and moved in right below Lee Ander. My first two fish were jumpin bullheads. At about 8:50 Lee Ander and his brother packed up and left and I waved for Dad to come and join me from the car. We fished until it was fairly dark. Dad caught a small silver bullhead, and I caught 4 silver bullheads (3 small 1 keeper) and right at the end I nailed a big orange bullhead that I kept for the widow Jenny Olson. It turned out Lantern Man's, from last night, dad was fishing the SE side and he caught three decent silvers which he gave to me. Making my take home tally at 4 silvers and 1 orange bullhead. I caught 9 incidental jumpin bullheads.

I wonder if Bassfishingdem is jealous of the shore fishing that I have a the GOMH?

After I got done cleaning the fish tonight, I fryed some up.

YUM YUM!!!

No comments: