Monday, April 12, 2021

Two Trips, Got A Slabber Bully

1.49lbs/13.5" THE Jig/minnow

Loon during the late afternoon trip

Loon evening trip

4:30-6:00PM GOMH, Rock, Bulldog
I started at the GOMH. Nothing going on either side. Then I went to Rock, where I might have missed a bite. Rock Dock not in. Then to Bulldog, nothing.

7:40-9:45PM GOMH NW SW
36-38℉, Cloudy some sleet and light snow, 5-15mph W

I was not enthusiastic about my chances tonight, but ya never know. I started on the SW side and didn't get any bites. I took a few rods over to the NW side. I had a hit on the first cast with the rocket bobber. I ended up having a 15-inch jumper on a few casts later. It got off at the base of the rocks, which was good with me. I think I got a hit on the craw tube as well along the West side of the channel. It was starting to get dark, so I went back to the SW side. I had fished about half an hour and was about to hang it up for the night when I brought my bait in by the rocks, and sure enough, the bobber started moving off. I set the hook, and a long skinny ran me right into the cattails, and then my line broke, darn toothies. About ten minutes later, I was contemplating leaving again when the slabber bullhead hit. Then nothing for 15-minutes. I missed a bite. Cast back to the same spot and missed another bite. Cast back to the same spot, and I got an 11.75" silver.  I fished for another half hour or so and didn't get anything. I didn't see any fish with the spotlight.

I got my new Okeechobee Fats Tackle Bag Today. 

No comments: