Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Not Much Fishing On A Cool Late April Day



15" THE Jig/minnow

17.5" Storm Swim Shad

An Accidental Shot @ Rock Lake
I stopped at Rock Dock, Bulldog, and GOMH on my way to feed Kaylee this morning. It was cloudy and cool all day. I got the one pike off of the Rock Dock on the 2" Storm Swim Shad. Nothing at Bulldog or the GOMH.

In the afternoon, I elected to do some mapping in our bay with the Garmin Striker 7sv. I made the mistake of putting the transducer at the back of the boat. If it was on the front of the boat, I wouldn't have run at full speed with the transducer arm down in the water. I broke a rivet, but it could have been much worse. The arm is still useable, provided I don't go above 3.5mph. I also botched the turning the Traxxis Trolling Motor head in the morning, so I'm going to have to take it to Prince's to get that trainwreck figured out. I should have just asked them to do it for me when I bought it, doh.

I went out on the Trophy again in the evening and did some mapping at Reeds Across and F Flat. It was calm on F Flat, so I did some fishing there and caught the one bass. The only bite I got. There were some shiners around.

 

No comments: