Sunday, April 11, 2021

Morning Bust/Slow Evening In the Trophy and GOMH

Loon In the Morning

17" THE Jig/minnow

6:00-8:00AM GOMH
Didn't get a single bite, which was amazing to me seeing as how it only got down to 40-degrees. The loon paid a visit as did some mergansers, seagulls, eagles, fatso in the tree. I also saw some sandhill cranes on my way home. 

6:00-8:00PM Platte/Sullivan GOMH, Intersection, River Mouth
8:45-10:00PM GOMH
44℉, Cloudy some drizzle, 3-6mph NNE, NNW

I stopped up at Bear Trax to get some more minnows, Kit Kat's, and a lighted bobber because I couldn't find where I put mine. Steve was working on the dock when I arrived. I got distracted and forgot to put my rods in the boat. I discovered my oversight when I was almost to the small island, doh. I went back and got the rods. I stated at the Channel Inn/GOMH Point and worked my way to the GOMH. I might have had a hit as I came through on the Sullivan side. No follow-up hits. I worked my way to the Intersection. A couple of guys showed up at the bridge. I had the 17" bass take THE Jig/minnow along the hay line. When I went to weigh the fish I discovered my scale was back to kilograms. Frustrated I forgot to lock in the weight and released the fish.  I tried for about 10-minutes to get the scale back to pounds. I finally got the right combination of button pushes. I didn't get any more bites, so I headed to the River Mouth where I got an 18-inch pike on the Swim Shad. On the way back the guy who was at the bridge last night said he got a couple of bass. I used the Energizer Spotlight at the bridge North. Saw a few shiners and that was it. On the way home I stopped at the GOMH arriving at the same time as Lantern Man. He had a small one-bite right away. I didn't get anything so I switched to the NE side. LM got a silver when I was getting organized. I didn't get any bites. Saw some small sunfish in the rocks. That was it.

 

No comments: