Saturday, April 10, 2021

Some Bullheads Night with LM and Son


11.75" Glow Demon/Minnow

7" THE Jig/Minnow
6:00-11:00PM GOMH NE, SE
43℉, Cloudy, 2-7mph NNW

When I arrived at the GOMH, there was a guy down on the SE side that hadn't caught anything. I had been there about 10-minutes when Lantern Man's son and granddaughter arrived. He came down by me. A little before 7PM, I went over to the NE side and immediately got a small toothy on the Rocket Shad. I also missed a bite on the rocket Shad and white craw tube. At 7:20, I split for Bulldog and Rock, which were dead. In the time I had been gone, the other guy had gotten a jumper, a couple of toothies, and a couple of tiger bullheads. LM Son had one silver in the bucket. I went down on the NE side and didn't get a bite. I went and fished with Brett. I think he landed his second keeper. LM showed up. The other guy left, and I went to the SE side. I quickly picked up two dinks and solid 11-inch silver bullhead. They engulfed the minnow each time so I thought I was on to something, but then it went dead. LM caught a couple. I lost a fish when I went to turn on my headlamp and my anti-reverse stopped working, which resulted in a cluster. I got one more solid silver after a light boat came through. A second light boat came through. Nothing was going on so LM and son left a little before 11PM. I left shortly after when I quickly lost my decider minnow. If I caught a fish on the minnow I would stay. The minnow came off, not sure why, so I packed up and left.

No comments: