Tuesday, April 06, 2021

1st Bullhead of the Year & Some Action at Bulldog

23" Storm Swim Shad (Purple)

1st Sunfish Open Water

15.33" THE Jig (C/O)

4:30-6:00PM Bulldog, Rock, GOMH, and back to Bulldog
60℉, Cloudy,  3-7mph NNE

My last three minnows were all dead today. Bummer.

Very first cast at Bulldog it was fish on. It wasn't that easy as I fished there for about half an hour missing maybe a couple of bites and having my bobber get attacked once. There was some baitfish activity close in. I then went to Rock. I was surprised the dock wasn't in and I didn't get any bites. the GOMH was a bust. I went back to Bulldog and got a sunfish a piece on the two THE Jigs tipped with a wax worm. I also missed some bites and only got bites with wax worm. It thundered so I bounced at 6PM.

16.5" THE Jig (G/Pink)

7:50-8:30PM GOMH NE SW
50℉, Cloudy light rain, 3-5mph NE


It was going to stop raining so I got stuff packed in the KIA and headed off for the GOMH. First cast on the NE side with the 2" Storm Swim Shad and it was bullhead on. It was a 23" golden beauty that fought like a champ. It came up to the surface and did a head shake so I thought it was a jumper at first. I think this is the first time my first landed bullhead of the year is a golden. No more bites which is surprising. I thought with the wind blowing in all day fish would be stacked up. I went to the SW side. Missed a bite or two with the white craw tube. Nothing on the Swim Shad. Realized in my haste to get out I forgot to pack my lantern and I failed to put my headlamp in my jacket. I caught the jumper on THE Jig under the lighted bobber. I thought maybe I had hit bottom along the rocks. I put pressure on and sure enough my line pulled back so I set the hook. It was dark so I left. I should have thought to use the iPhones flashlight to glow my jig. I felt like there were silvers out there to be caught.

 

No comments: