Monday, April 05, 2021

Early@GOMH/Rock&Bulldog Afternoon/Evening In the Trophy

 Darn pictures came out in reverse order from how I picked them.

Sunset Over the SPRO

14" Craw Tube (White)

11" THE Jig (C/O)

16.33 THE Jig (G/Pink)

Rock Dock Not In

Pulled the Pontoon Lift Up a Yard

Sunrise @ GOMH

Lantern, Lighted Bobber, Moon

5:45-8:00AM GOMH/Bulldog

I got out early hoping silvers might have moved in. No such luck. I did have a bite by a sizeable fish on the Jack Hammer. It was really pulling hard and then came off. Bummer. The odds are pretty good it was a dogfish coming off like that. I briefly stopped at Bulldog. Nothing.

4:15-5:00PM Rock/Bullldog/GOMH
80℉, PC, Calm

I decided to go straight to the Lake Place and get the Pontoon Lift lifted up the hill a little bit. I was going to hit Bulldog Lake first.  We were able to winch it up thanks to Devin blocking it as we made progress. I then helped Steve move the old decks. I then went to Rock. The Rock Dock isn't in yet. I got a bite quickly on glow pink THE Jig and it was a bass. Then nothing. I quickly moved on to Bulldog. Got a bass there quickly on chart/orange THE Jig. Then Nothing. I quickly moved to the GOMH. Nothing there. I was hungry, so I didn't stay long. I made a quick sandwich and headed out again.

6:20-9:00PM River Mouth, SPRO, GOMH
70-80℉, PC, Calm

Steve almost came fishing with me, but the possibility of thunderstorms held him back as I told him I was headed to the River Mouth in Sullivan. I should have stopped at the GOMH when I saw baitfish activity along the NW GOMH Bay shoreline up by the Abrahamson's. There was no baitfish activity at the River Mouth. I did get the one bass there on the craw tube. I  also got what was most likely a pike in the vast hay field up by the deadhead. I was amazed I couldn't buy a bite anywhere in that stuff on THE Jig. I worked a boat lane and the intersection where I could have sworn I was marking stuff in the weeds in 8 to 9 feet. It was just an ideal night to be out. Warm with no bugs or wind. I worked the GOMH for quite a while. The Rowdy Bullhead fishermen were fishing off the Northside not getting anything. Thunderstorms to the East. As I went under the bridge I only saw a couple of shiners. I talked with the bullhead guys for a while. Didn't see or catch anything where the baitfish had been. I took my time before I headed in. About ten minutes after I got back the wind came up pretty good. Magnificent thunderstorm to the south as I drove home. It thundered around here from 11:30 to 12:30.

No comments: