Sunday, April 04, 2021

Skunked For Easter

Rock this afternoon

 It was a beautiful warm day; it got to the mid-70's. I went fishing from about 12:30-1:30PM at Bulldog, Rock, and the GOMH and didn't get a bite. I then went home, got something to eat, and slept until 5PM.

Mom and Dad were taking the KIA into Pierz, so I had the Expedition. On the way North I decided to skip Bulldog and go straight to the Trophy. I started in Channel Inn Bay working North to South. The hay in this bay is just as immense as the SPRO. There was a bit of activity, but I didn't get a bite. I then went back to the River mouth. Nothing even though there was some activity here as well. I went to the intersection stopping once on some activity. When I was at the Intersection I got the Striker 4 to power on finally. Water temp 48-50℉ and I was marking stuff, but no bites. Nobody was at the GOMH so I went there. I missed a bite that didn't pull the bobber under, felt silver bullhead-like. Some bow fishermen came through and shot at a carp and missed along the SW rocks. I went under the bridge and spied a small pike. I hit the GOMH on the way home and didn't get a bite. The fish should be moving shallow soon. Surprised I came up empty today. I didn't take a single picture this evening.

No comments: