Friday, April 09, 2021

Slabber Bullhead And A Visit By CO Vang

1.56lbs/13" THE Jig/minnow(G/Pink)


2.50lbs/16" Rocket Shad

Loon where the Swans Were Yesterday

 7:00-10:00PM GOMH SW SE 
42℉, Cloudy sprinkles, 3-14mph NW

I checked to see if Rock Dock was in. It wasn't. Briefly fished at Bulldog, nothing. Then I emptied the water from the boat. The neighbor to the West dock is in but not the boat lift. I then arrived at the GOMH around 7PM. Caught the jumper right off the bat on a Strike King Rocket Shad, which is basically a heavy mettle Beatle Spin. I then had a fish pick up the white craw tube, but I pooched the hookset. Around 7:30PM CO Vang showed up to check my license. I told him what I had been catching and what I was fishing for. After he left, when I thought the crappies would start biting, I switched to the SE side and threw out THE Jig/minnow under a lighted bobber. On the second cast, the Slabber Bullhead choked THE Jig. A couple casts later, I got a 10-incher that I put in the bucket. There was a long lull, and Lantern Man showed up for the first time this year. I got a 12.75" shortly after he arrived, and he got a couple of good ones right away as well. The 12.75" was my final bite of the night. LM had 6 or 7 when I left, and he had released a couple of dinks. I gave him the 10-incher. His son should be coming up tomorrow.

No comments: