Saturday, April 03, 2021

Morning GOMH/Trophy Launched In the Afternoon

15" THE Jig



 First sunrise trip. Fished the GOMH, Bulldog, and Rock. I didn't get a bite. Seagulls were flying around, and I heard a loon for the first time this year.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Got the Trophy in the water by 4PM and everything checked out. I headed to F-Flat. A family was playing in the 46-degree water. Didn't see any activity, and the water is really dark. I went over by the reeds, nothing. Then I went to LSB. Nothing. I then went to the River Mouth. The water temp was 48-degrees, and the highest I found here. I missed a bite along the hay edge. I worked my way East along the hay edge all the way to the Intersection, nothing until I started heading to the GOMH. Got my only fish of the night next to a thick clump of dead rice. Nobody was at the GOMH, and there was baitfish activity, but I didn't get a bite. I headed in while it was still light out. The water level is basically perfect. If it was an inch higher, I would have had issues. I think Steve and I will need to pull the pontoon lift a couple of more feet up the hill. Steve parked the Expedition down by the boathouse, which was nice.

No comments: