Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Rock Dock/Productive Trophy Trip In the PM

7.5" THE Jig/wax worm
Storm Swim Shad
Calm night on the lake
3:30-4:00PM Rock Dock, Bulldog,GOMH
62℉, PC, Calm

On my way back to feed Kaylee, I hit Rock Dock and GOMH. I got a bite on my second cast with the 2" Storm Swim Shad, the 17" pike in the picture. That little pike also took swings at two different size 6 X-Raps at the ramp. I also had a bigger pike swipe at the pearl X-Rap about 7-feet out from the dock. I didn't get any hits at the GOMH or Bulldog and only threw a few casts on each side.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.5" THE Jig/waxie

6:00-10:00PM GOMH to River Mouth
55-64℉, PC, 0-3mph NE

I started mapping at the North GOMH Bay Point. There were people fishing off the bridge and the SE side. I didn't get any bites until I got to the Sunfish Area of the Intersection. It was slow to start. Lots of fish activity all around me. It picked up towards dark.  All I caught tonight were sunfish. No true bulls tonight, but I did get a few 8" fish. I then did some mapping and shining when it got dark enough. I saw one bass at the River Mouth and it was the only one I saw. A lot of shiners in the river mouth area though. The SPRO was mostly empty except for shiners. Once I got to the sunfish area I saw a bunch of them, but not the size of the first night. In one 30-foot stretch, I saw 6 pike. There was basically nothing from the second buoy to the GOMH except for a few shiners. I talked to Lantern Man who wasn't getting anything. I saw one good size crappie up towards the first dock North and also marked a boulder that I didn't know was there.

37 Sunfish

No comments: