Sunday, August 20, 2017

Two Productive Trips Today

3.43lbs/18" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Cream)
6:00-9:30PM West Point, F Flat, Green Cabin Bay, Chuck's Point
Conditions: 61-70℉, Sunny to Cloudy, Light SSW Wind
Water Temp: 69℉

I was on the water by 6AM this morning.  Didn't get anything at "Pad Point".  I then went to West Point and got a couple of small bass (11.5,10) on a brown/grn pumpkin craw tube.  I then went to F Flat and got a small pike on both the Spro Sprinker knock off and bluegill Whopper Plopper.
17.5 Spro Sprinker K.O. (White/Pink)
I then headed to Green Cabin Bay.  I got a 15" and a couple of pike out on the flat on the Rat Ta Tat Whopper Plopper.  I lost a really good bass that missed and instantly came back and smashed the w/p Sprinker.  I had a couple pike hit the Sprinker and I got the 17.5" in the slop.  I came out on the flat and got a 16.25" on the Plopper there and a 15" that got off in the reed edge on Chuck's Point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16.5" Spro Sprinker K.O.


Evening Trip:
6:00-8:30PM NW Corner South of the Juice
Conditions: 75-70℉, Sunny to partly cloudy, Light NW Wind turning calm
Water Temp: 72℉

So I headed to the NW corner of the lake and started fishing at the rice bed.  I got the 16.5" in some sparse reeds on the yellow SSKO.  I had a really good blow up along the rice edge that I just didn't get a good enough hook set into to catch. I think it was a big bass.  In the pads and reeds there were some little bass.  I got a 12" on the yellow Sprinker and a 12.5" and 13.5" on the Bobby's Perfect and missed a few hits a well.  Then I got the 18", a 15", and a 14" on the Bobby's Perfect.  I got a 14" on the white/pink Sprinker.  The Bobby's Perfect got bit off by something big.  I missed a couple of hits on the Bobby's Perfect I put on.  Didn't even get a hit in the juice.
Best 6 For The Day
14 Bass
8 Pike

No comments: