Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Fishing Was Pretty Poor

Pike were all I caught
7:15-9:00PM Big Bass Point North
Conditions: 75-68℉, Mostly Sunny, Light SSW Wind turning calm
Water Temp: 74℉

Time flew bye tonight.  I was on the water fishing at 7:15PM on a spot that used to be really good when I first moved up here.  Then for some reason the fishing got inconsistent to poor. The area still pretty much looks the same.  I don't understand it.  I think I lost one bass in the pads and maybe a small bass or two in the reeds.  The reed fish might have been pike.  I thought this pike was a bass the way it hit and missed the frog.  I caught it with the hack jig.  I caught a smaller pike on the Big Sexy Frog.  I should have switched to Double Maidencaine Point sooner as by the time I got over there the mosquito's were terrible and I had to call it a night.

2 Pike

No comments: