Monday, August 21, 2017

GOMH And Out In The Trophy Tonight

3.39lbs/17.5" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
4:30-5:00PMGOMH
5:30-8:45PM Out Front to Jenny's Reeds, Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 65℉, Cloudy to Mostly Cloudy, SW Wind
Water Temp: 69℉
Was in the 17.5's mouth.
I decided to hit the GOMH first.  Water level is such that half the rock I like to stand on on the NW side is under water.  They didn't want topwater, but the craw tube did work.
16.9" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
I also had a nice bass blow up on the yellow Sprinker knock off in pretty much the same spot I missed a fish the other day.
So I went and tried going East in the Trophy.  I missed one hit from a small fish.  As you can see from the picture the rice grew up thick and tall this year.  Just doesn't seem to be anything going on in this area this year.  I finally left for the West side of the lake at 6:15PM
2.73lbs/17" Spro Sprinker Knock Off (Yellow)
I missed the first hit I got in the reeds and pads in Green Cabin Bay on the yellow SSKO.  I then had one at least 17 inches jump off right in front of me in the reeds.  Then I caught the 17 incher.  I then had a 16 incher not get the SSKO twice, but I caught it on the craw tube.  I missed a hit from something small up by shore.  I got a 15.5" on the SSKO over by the sparse cattails.  I had a small pike steal the tail off of the SSKO.  I got one last 15" bass on the SSKO and a 15.5 on the craw tube. I also missed 3 or 4 more hits.  One of the hits was a good one that waked to the Sprinker in open water.  I got a good hook set but came up empty.  My last bass of the night (13) missed the SSKO and stole the tail, but I caught it on the Bluegrass Mad Maxx.  The skeeters really weren't bad tonight so I fished until 8:45 or so.
15.01lbs for Best 6
9 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: