Wednesday, August 23, 2017

It Irked Me Pretty Good Losing That Fish

14.75" Spro Sprinker Knock Off
7:25-8:40PM Across from the Public Access
Conditions: 67℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light NE Wind
Water Temp: 72-69℉

I got kind of a late start tonight. I decided to make the run to across from the public access.  I stopped at the shoreward side of the big cane patch.  On about my 3rd cast I had a 14/15 bass miss the yellow Sprinker knock off in the cane.  I cast back to the spot with a brown/chart Bobby's Perfect and a big bass came all the way out of the water and nailed it.  I set the hook and was fighting it when my line broke.  Losing that fish just ticked me off.  Must have had a nick in the line.  I put on another Bobby's Perfect Frog and managed to catch 4 small bass (13,12,11,11) and two pike (24,17) on that.  I got the one bass in the picture and a small pike on the Spro Sprinker knockoff.  I stayed mad almost the whole time I was out there.
 
4 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: