Saturday, August 26, 2017

Dang Rain

Light rain when I was getting my stuff in the boat.

4 Otters came swimming across the front before I headed out

What it was like when I got back in.

A dark cloud just hung over the lake and kept raining.

A floating bog at the GOMH from who knows where
6:30-6:45PM Small Island SW Flat
Conditions: 65℉, Cloudy with heavy rain, Very Light SW wind
Water Temp: 64℉

So it had rained pretty much for most of the morning, but not quite enough for me to use the pumps at the house.  Dad took the Kia so I couldn't go fishing when there was a break in the rain in the morning.  He got home around 1 or so but it was lightly drizzling out.  It stopped again and around 4PM I finally went and drained water out of the boat.  I would say 2" worth at least.  It was so nice out I decided to go home and get my fishing tackle, but I putz around and didn't get back to the lake until after 6PM when it started raining again.  I stupidly didn't look at the radar before heading out.  But I'm not sure that the way this squall came up things would have ended up much different.  I decided to make the run to the small island.  About 5 minutes in it really started coming down.  I got one hit on the Plopper and 3 hammer handles on the Salmo Bass Bug.  After 10 minutes in that downpour with no signs of slowing down I decided to head back in.  As I was coming in I could barely see Don's Point through the rain from the South end of the small island.  The bilge wasn't keeping up, so I pulled the plug as I was running in.  I got back, put my tackle in the boat house and sat there and waited for it to let up.  I called dad and he told me it was barely raining at the house.  It eventually the rain lightened up.  I decided to take the craw tube rod, Sprinker KO rod, Pure Poison rod  and the red bag without any Plano's in it and head to the GOMH.  It wasn't raining there and in the current I missed one bite on the Poison.  It started raining again so I left.

3 Pike  

No comments: