Friday, August 04, 2017

Fish Were Hitting on Top All Over The Place

3.19lbs/17.5" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
6:30-9:15PM Green Cabin Bay, NW Juice
Conditions: 73-70℉, Partly Cloudy, NW Wind
Water Temp: 70℉

So I headed across the lake to Green Cabin Bay.  I stopped short of the lily pads.  A bass blew up on my very first cast.  I really wasn't ready for it, but I landed her anyway
2.91lbs/17" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
It took me a bit longer than normal to get the fish off, measured, weighed, and to get a pic. By the time I was back to fishing I had heard a few blow ups in the bay in random places.  I got back in the area where I think I got the bass and there was a massive blow up about two long casts to the SE of me in the reeds.  I had a cast out at the time.  I was planning on heading to the blow up when I had a fish boil on the frog but not get it.  I tried for maybe 5 minutes, but the fish didn't come back.  I  then went to where I thought that other blow up was.  As I was making my way there I had a fish follow thefrog to the boat and spook. I worked the area I thought the blow up happened and didn't get anything.  There were several more random blow ups in the bay during this time.  I had something check the frog out but not hit it.  Same thing when I threw a jig at it.  A couple of panfish fisherman had entered the bay and were coming towards me via Chuck's Point. The guy got a small pike.  Right after that I had a 21" pike hit Maxx.  I then yanked a 12" or so bass out of the pads, but it came off.  Shortly after that they left.  I worked my way to the little inlet.  I didn't get anything there.  On my way back out I had a fish blow up on me but it got me hung up on a pad and got off.  I had a couple small pike come after Maxx.  It was now 8PM and I needed to move.  Before I headed out of the bay I had a couple pike hit at the Whopper Plopper 130 Rat Ta Tat.

I headed to the NW juice, but I was a little confused because the area looked a lot different with a large patch of tall rice coming out to a point and obscuring where the reed line is at.  I started working my way down the rice point and I got the 17.5", a 15.75", and a 16" basically in the juice area.  It got dark and the skeeters came out. I didn't get any more hits.  I left at about 9:15PM
10.40lbs for my 4 Bass tonight
4 Bass
6 Pike

No comments: